The precise cause of Vitiligo is complex and not fully understood. There are several theories regarding the cause of Vitiligo. According to one theory people with Vitiligo develop antibodies that turn upon them and destroy their own melanocytes instead of protecting them. There is another theory according to which the melanocytes somehow attack and destroy themselves.
According to Modern view there are some factors responsible for Vitiligo:
• Autoimmune related:- a condition whereby the immune system of body destroys its own tissues and cells. Some diseases like hyperthyroidism, perinicious anaemia, alopecia areata are related to Vitiligo.
• Genetic cause:-It is 30% heriditary. Generally it passes on third generation.
• Hormonal cause :-Some hormones are responsible for Vitiligo like melanocyte stimulating hormone, thyroid hormone.
• Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D deficiency.
• Impaired liver function as jaundice, gastric disorder, typhoid fever.
• Excessive use of antibiotics or medicine.
• Pressure or friction of tight clothes, undergarments, etc
• Excessive sun exposure or exposed with industrial chemicals.
In Ayurveda, Vitiligo is known as ‘SHWITRA’ or ‘KILASA’ – the appearance of a patch on skin with white coloration.
In Ayurveda we believe that there is a great role of diet in the causative factor and also treatment of this problem. In Ayurveda it has been said that certain food articles are never to be mixed while eating that can cause harmful effect to your body, thus said to be 'Viruddha-Ahar' . Viruddha-Ahar meaning opposite food combination. For instance fish and milk, milk and salt, milk and banana, milk with sour fruits, milk with yogurt. These are opposite food combinations which taken together can produce slow poison in our body.
• Stressful event disturbs your Manovoha strotas(Mental state) and due to that mechanism, Annavaha strotas (Digestive System) is altered resulting into forming toxins. It can trigger Vitiligo.
© 2018 Gurumaa Ayurwedic Skin Clinic . All rights reserved | Design by KVORAGE.IN