The main sign of Vitiligo is pigment loss that produces milky white patches on your skin.
Some common sign may include:
• It starts with small white spots or skin discoloration.
• Loss of colour in the mucous membranes (inner lining of mouth, nose).
• Loss of change in colour in the inner layer of eye (retina).
Although any part of your body may get affected by Vitiligo but these patches are more common in area where skin is exposed to the sun, The patches may be on the hands, feets, arms, face and lips.
Other common area for white patch are:
• On body folds (armpit, groin etc).
• Places that have been injured in the past.
• Around moles or body openings.
• Around eyelids and hair.
Vitiligo can be easily diagnosed by complete history of the patient and physical check up. Following tests are also helpful in diagnosing Vitiligo:
• Skin biopsy is a confirmatory test for Vitiligo.
• Wood lamp examination.
• Blood tests to rule out other disorders or to find associated disorders.
• Eye examination to check for inflammation in eye (uveitis).
© 2018 Gurumaa Ayurwedic Skin Clinic . All rights reserved | Design by KVORAGE.IN