There are several theories about types of Vitiligo. It can be divided according to the pattern and onset area or place of white patches in body.
• Segmental Vitiligo: Segmental Vitiligo shows symptoms at an early age and affect one segment or one side of the body (like a hand, a leg). Symptoms progress for only few years and may also appear on head, scalp, eyes etc.
• Non-segmental Vitiligo: It is a more common form of Vitiligo that starts with a short-lives burst of discoloration on hands, feet or face and later on affects both sides of the body. This is followed by new cycles of pigment loss throughout the person’s life.
• Localized- characterized by a few patches on skin.
• Generalized- characterized by scattered patches throughout the body areas like eyes, bone joints temples, waist areas etc.
• Universal- characterized by loss of pigment over major parts of body.
Many a times, one or more forms of Vitiligo can be found simultaneously in a patient.
© 2018 Gurumaa Ayurwedic Skin Clinic . All rights reserved | Design by KVORAGE.IN